Friday, March 7, 2008

How To Pass Any Exam In 8 Simple Steps

By P Oversol



Subscribe in a Reader



For many people who are studying for any particular course or qualification, exams can leave some stuck and frightened to the point that they skip exams and end up failing their course altogether even though they are very competent at what they may be studying at the time. Follow these steps to blast away any fears.

1. Put yourself in exam mode by having a deep reason for passing your exam(s)

This is probably the most important step to passing your exam. If you don't have a reason or passing, then why would you? try to stoke up a little emotional force to propel you to success. In my case I wanted to get what some refer to a "first" which means being ale to pass the exam with a pass rate of over 70%. This would allow me to have a better choice of work where ever I go in the world. If you can do this, you create a powerful driving force that makes it easy for you to achieve anything.

2. Make sure that you make a schedule for yourself, so that you leave yourself time to work and play.


If you are constantly studying, revising without taking breaks to relax, you will probably exhaust yourself. This won't do you much good. I make sure that for every 2hrs that I study, I take at least a 20 minute break. This allows your mind to store and sort the information you were studying and allows for easier access when you need to recall it.



3. As you study, use different colored mind maps to make notes.



This is one of the tools that I'll always swear by. If you go to my site, you will see many resources on how to create mind maps. The term is modern, but the technique has been around for many many years. By using this method of note taking you learn many times more and the information stays available longer. This is because this technique copies the way in which the mind associates information.



4. Go over your notes to allow your mind to digest the information you studied.



By going over the information from you mind map, it guarantees that the information will be ready and waiting at the time you are ready to sit your exam. Personally, I am confident to take an exam after about 2 days of reviewing my notes. Its important to note however, that this will vary for different people.



5. lightly go over the text book for your course to get a general overview of the topic



By doing this you further affirm the subject and this can give you a certain power over it. In fact, when I sit n exam, I treat the exam paper almost like a human and apply the attitude that its asking me in an inquisitive nature. By going over the subject text, you will be surprised at how much more information just pours out of you in the exam.



6. Prepare you brain for an easy revision session by doing some light body stretches.



Any physician will tell you that poor oxygen delivery can produce poor physiology. By doing a few stretching exercises before you get down to revising, this will allow for a good supply of oxygen flow to the brain which will provide you with better resource for memory, thinking, problem solving etc.



7. Listen to some calming music before the exam.



To prepare your brain for optimum performance, you should get yourself into a state of 'relaxed alertness'. I tend to listen to world music or what some would term 'new age'. This gets me relaxed and prepared for anything that I need to prepare for.



8. If you ever get stuck on a question, tell yourself that you know the answer, and its coming to you right now. Then leave that question alone and move over to the next one.



If you've followed the previous steps, you know that you've looked over the required information at some point during your revision/studies. Your mind already has the information, you've made a request for the information, so now all you need to do is get out of the way and let the information come to you. I have always done this when I have hit a brick wall with a question. I just tell myself: "I know the answer to this question and its coming to me now". I then forget all about that question, and move onto the next one. Usually within the next few minutes the question comes flying into my mind and then I go back to write it down.




Prince has helped many people achieve their goals in their chosen field of study. For more free study tips and downloads go to http://www.first-class-degree.com/





Published by http://www.indocquent.com, an online resource where you can advertise your business, products or services.

No comments: